Happy New Year!
Web Site: http://lwrpickleballclub.com web site is up and running.
Look in there often for updates on the League Standings, event notices,
pictures, items & equipment for sale, and much more.
Open Play: Please consider joining one of the following open play
sessions: Friday 4-6pm, Saturday/Sunday 8:30-11am. The more we
use the courts at LWR High School, the more support for public play
County Parks Update: Manatee Parks currently is planning to
resurface the LWR H.S. tennis courts with 4 tennis and 8 pickleball
courts late this year. Upgrades to G.T. Bray will follow along with
plans to add 24 pickleball courts and 2 covered stadium courts at
Premier Sports starting in 2020.
USAPA: If you are not currently a member of USAPA, please consider
joining by going to https://www.usapa.org.
Equipment: Onix Pickleball merchandise is being offered as a
member benefit, select Equipment tab on our website for offerings.
Also, visit Pickleball Sarasota (Skybox Sports) www.skyboxstore.com
and give them code VIPBOB to get your special gift/discount and to
sign up for their monthly newsletter with coupons.
Captains Meeting: January 11th
1) Reconfirmed that the LWR PB Club is open to players in the greater
LWR area and not to be considered community/neighborhood only.
2) League winners to receive $200 gift card, last place $20 scratch offs.
3) Future league play to include skill 2.5.
4) Look to provide opportunities for novice/just for fun players
possibly forming a separate league under current format and/or
expansion of the Saturday play at LWR H.S.
5) Forming a LWR Travel Squad. If interested in playing outside
LWR please contact me.
6) Lesson clinics: If interested in attending a half day clinic with a top
ranked pro for about $100 let me know as I am looking to bring that to
7) Looking for social ideas. If you have an interest in organizing any
social activity contact me for distribution to our members.
Current Membership: 284 paid + 108 affiliates
Tip of the month:
When lobbing make it over your opponents backhand side.
If ball is hit over your head at the net, your partner should go for it and
you should switch sides so you are not in the path of the return and in a
better return position.
Bob Haskin, IPTPA
President LWR PB Club