Lakewood Ranch Pickleball Club Mission: To be the premier Pickleball Club in Lakewood Ranch and South West Florida.
- Robert Haskin, President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carol Lucas, VP Operations email@example.com
- Donna Haskin, VP Member Relations firstname.lastname@example.org
Season 2018-19 (10/1-9/30) Club Goals:
1. Create more opportunities to play Pickleball.
a) Expand Team League play to accommodate and recruit more club members and enthusiasm for pickleball.
b) Find a facility to host 2-4 social play/events for beginners/novice with a goal to have a regular venue for them to play.
c) Grow participation in the Friday evening open play at LWR High School.
d) Encourage members to plan social pickleball play with other clubs.
2. Increase awareness of pickleball and our club.
a) Market select club logo merchandise for sale to pickleball enthusiasts in order to create club awareness, while generating revenue to support club activities.
b) Encourage club members to wear pickleball logo wear to LWR @ First Friday on Main St.
c) Offer free introductory clinics, 1st & 3rd Saturday mornings at LWR High School.
d) Solicit local media coverage for club events.
3. Grow competitive pickleball in the area.
a) Host our annual local tournament “Sandhill Classic”.
b) Start a challenge round robin for USAPA 4.0-5 players in the greater South Florida area.
c) Develop a cadre of referees.
d) Host clinics for skill growth at all levels.
4. Seek public, dedicated pickleball courts in Lakewood Ranch.
a) Meet with Manatee County officials to get committed dates for four dedicated courts at LWR High School and a Tournament quality complex at Premier Sports Campus.
b) Identify and lobby to get pickleball courts lined/painted on underutilized tennis/basketball courts, or open pavement owned by LWR, Schools or SMR.