LWR Pickleball News: September 2020
Lakewood Ranch High School Courts Update:
- ALL five courts are now open.
- Social distancing is in order.
- Please sub in 2 when waiting, or 4-on 4-off when busy.
- Please do not plan to play for an hour when others are waiting. Let’s keep pickleball a welcoming community in LWR.
- Please use Play Time Scheduler at lwrpickleballclub.com to schedule your groups. Remember this is not a court reservation system. You are not entitled to shut out others when waiting.
- We have been in contact with Manatee Parks. We asked once again to have the lights corrected and improved. They are looking into it.
- The shade/tables are on hold due to funding.
- County says they built the 5 H.S. courts as a way to get us courts quickly. They still have a budget to add more as designed 2 years ago.
Our membership is up to 446. Also, our nice logo club tee shirt is available on our site at $20. We operate as a Florida Non-Profit Corporation 501 (c) (3). Your paid $15 dues/contribution helps us promote pickleball, provides insurance during events, maintains the website and presents a strong presence in East Manatee County for court development. To update your account on our site, go to: www.lwrpickleballclub.com
We are offering business sponsorships for a yearly $200 donation that will be placed on our main web page. If you know of anyone interested in being a pickleball club supporter, please ask them to contact me.
Events and league play are on hold at this time due to COVID restrictions on gatherings. Stay tuned to our website and visit the instructional section for some video tips.
Pro Clinic offered:
Touring pro Rob Davidson will be at Lakewood National for two great 3-hour clinics, on December 14th & 15th.
Bob Haskin, President, IPTPA, PPR Certified Instructor, Team Onix
The LWR Pickleball Club League :
Purpose is to promote competitive and social play between LWR Communities and local non affiliated players.
Currently there are 8 teams competing from October-February on the 2nd and 4th Saturday’s monthly.
Players with USAPA skill level of 3.0-4.5 are welcome.
The new Doubles League is under way at: www.globalpickleball.network
LWR Pickleball Club League Final Standings:
|2) River Strand|
|6) Country Club|
|7) Del Webb|
Doubles League Finals:
MD 3.5 Jan Trabandt & Trace Hardman
MD 4.0 Rob Tobias & Bob Haskin
WD 3.0 Nancy Basmagy & Carrie Maldonato
WD 3.5 Christine Eiserlo & Libby Corran