LWR Pickleball News: June 2020
Lakewood Ranch High School Courts Update:
- Three courts are now open.
- Social distancing is in order.
- Remember we sub in 2 when waiting, 4-on 4-off when busy.
- Please do not take up an hour when others are waiting.
- We have installed windscreens on both sides, and will be ordering and installing them on the south (street) side shortly.
- Please use Play Time Scheduler at lwrpickleballclub.com to schedule your groups. Remember this is not a court reservation system. You are not entitled to shut out others when waiting.
We are making a change to the initial membership. It will now be offered at $15 with annual renewal of $15. Our nice logo club tee shirt will be optional at $20 and anybody will be able to order one. This will provide additional funds that will be used to run free or low-cost tournaments and leagues.
We are offering business sponsorships for a yearly $200 donation that will be placed on our main web page. If you know of anyone interested in being a pickleball club supporter, please ask them to contact me.
Nathan Benderson Park is conducting a survey on its potential use.
Please take ten minutes to complete and let them know we want more courts at: https://sanca.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3kMO77sj7vhVRe5?group=public
Pro Clinic offered:
Touring pro Rob Davidson will be at Lakewood National for two great 3- hour clinics, date changed to December 14th & 15th. See flyer on web at “Upcoming Events”.
Tip of the month:
Learn to play serve-n-slide singles to stay safe. See my video at: https://youtu.be/-EkyaygOflM
Bob Haskin, President, IPTPA, PPR Certified Instructor, Team Onix
The LWR Pickleball Club League :
Purpose is to promote competitive and social play between LWR Communities and local non affiliated players.
Currently there are 8 teams competing from October-February on the 2nd and 4th Saturday’s monthly.
Players with USAPA skill level of 3.0-4.5 are welcome.
The new Doubles League is under way at: www.globalpickleball.network
LWR Pickleball Club League Final Standings:
|2) River Strand|
|6) Country Club|
|7) Del Webb|
Doubles League Finals:
MD 3.5 Jan Trabandt & Trace Hardman
MD 4.0 Rob Tobias & Bob Haskin
WD 3.0 Nancy Basmagy & Carrie Maldonato
WD 3.5 Christine Eiserlo & Libby Corran